• Our Goals

Smaller Default Larger
  • EMRC logoARlogo blue
  • Subsidiary company Profile:

 

The company was registered with the Ministry of National Economy in 1957 under the name of Irbid National Electric Power Company. Its concession law was made in 1961 as Ajloun Electricity Company, under which the Company obtained the right to generate, transmit and distribute electrical power to the entire area of concession, which included the governorates of Irbid, Jarash, Mafraq and Ajloun.

Consequently, the Company commenced the procedures of installing power plants, substations, distribution lines, and the implementation of the electric power projects in the cities and villages of concession area and, winding up the lighting projects that had been managed then by Municipal Councils, and linking these projects to an electricity grid of the Company.

Since 1961, the Company has seen a remarkable development in terms of the expanding area serviced with electricity, the number of illuminated cities and villages, as their number at the end of 2018 became (326) cities and villages and (927) rural localities. On the other hand, the capital of this Company increased from JOD (285) thousand in 1962 to become JOD (10) million now.

However, upon the enactment of the General Electricity Law, and the establishment of Jordan Electricity Authority, which was trusted with the task of generating electricity power in the Kingdom, the Company halted the generation altogether at the end of 1997 and its work became restricted to transmitting, transforming and distribution of electrical energy within the concession region. It started taking power from the National Grid that belongs to the National Electric Power Company (formerly, Jordan Electricity Authority).

5414e34a 61de 486e bc71 e5b9b55f403a

Real time web analytics, Heat map tracking